Thread: Power Stick upgrade

Default Power Stick upgrade

I purchased the 6' power stick to expand my PRS standard bt48 to a 4' x 4' cutting area. So far, I have removed the original powerstick. Then i greased the track on bottom of powerstick for stepper motor. lubed up the guide rails for placement in guide rollers. Next, i put the new powerstick in guide blocks and centerred on machine, then re-engaged the powerstick to stepper motor. Attached are the changed I made to VL for table. I changed the high x limit from 24.5 to 48.5 leaving all other parameters alone.

VL-Updated.jpgVL-Original.jpg

Next i went to tools Shopbot setup and hit the make it easy on me button... I cancelled the operation because looked like it was going to roll off the guide rollers. my other table stopped short of the powerstick at guide rollers by an inch or so. Not sure where to go from here, thought i may get an idea here before calling shopbot tomorrow.

Thanks Jeff

just thinking out loud,
    do you have limit switches?
    does X start at zero?
    if you use the keyboard to move X what is the max you can get before it looks like it is going to fall off?
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Ohhhh Ya.... thanks to all and shopbot support. Gosh... i tell u the problem was between the keyboard and the guy sitting in the seat. Love my shopbot and the support they provide.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the proximity switch? My new table top is centered on powerstick. When i home x and y using proximity switches...c3 command... it zero's to about half inch off table top. This is causing my Value limits to warn me about cutting larger than limits on a 48 x 48 perimeter practice cut. It cuts fine when i ignore VL warning... Not sure what i doing wrong. any help would be appreciated

thanks,
    JJ