Thread: Deck table for Buddy 48

Default Deck table for Buddy 48

We recently purchased an used Buddy 48 for our new school FabLab. The BT48 came with the 8' powerstick but I would need a new table deck for it. I have zero experience in CNC and with Shopbot so any help would be appreciated. What type of deck would you recommend me and how does it work to install the deck on the powerstick (ex: how to drill the holes on the deck at the rights spots to screw it on the powerstick, etc).

Thanks,

Antonio

You make the deck out of a piece of MDF. The book that should have come with it has step by step instructions. They treat this as a learning session so it is quite detailed.
    If you don't have the book Shopbot should have all of the articles in the book on their website. If that doesn't work call them and I am sure they will help.

What software do you have? Lots of design software out there. Shopbot features the Vectric software which is the publisher of Aspire. One of the great features of Aspire is the on line training that they have. Most of the teachers coming on to this site, and we have quite a few of them, have a bit of a learning curve to keep up and get ahead of their students.

I have the same machine and just love it.

I have the VCarve Pro that came with the machine. I read on page 11 of the manual different suggestions for the deck material (plywood, aluminum, phenolic) but I found no instructions on how to install the deck to the powerstick ...

The power stick is a piece of "T" track. google a company by the name of 8020. They sell all manner of T track and the fasteners that hold it together. I believe that 5/16 fasteners are what is used to hold the deck to the power stick. Essentially you will make a keyhole shape going partway through the deck. Then you will make a slot that the screw portion of the fastening will fit through. It will tighten with a hex key.