Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabineo RTA fastener from Lamello

Default Cabineo RTA fastener from Lamello

ANyone else get a test kit/samples of the new Lamello Cabineo connectors?

Made for nested cabinet manufacturing. No dowels, an integral 5mm coarse threaded screw within the plastic housing holds the panels together.

Seems to work well, I just had 8 connectors to try so I put together a small 12" by 18" or so backless box.

Might interest some one here...

http://www.cabineo.ch/en/

Thanks. I just ordered a sample pack from the website you listed.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    16.9hp Republic Regenerative Blower
    Aspire 8.5
    eCabinets with ShopBot Link

https://www.facebook.com/SyzygyWoodworks/

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Larrett View Post
    Thanks. I just ordered a sample pack from the website you listed.
    It gets sent directly from Lamello in Switzerland. It came pretty quick. You get a pack of 8 connectors, a pre installed block with 2, and a wrench.

Ive experimented with some of the cam and post (Titus) connectors and I dont really like them. Ive been using the Lamello Clamex/Divario/etc style but for some things I can see this new one being pretty good. I like the fact it screws into the board (similar to the Blum KD connectors which arent even available here in Canada for some reason).

You cut three overlapping holes/pockets and drive the connector in. A 5mm hole in the mating panel face, and thats it.

Let me know what you think. I think I will order an 80 pc starter pack and do some experimenting...

Has anyone seen or used these: http://lockdowel.com/

Creative Solids, Fairfield Glade Tennessee

Interested in lockdowel - their website implies it requires special software, but from what i can see it seemed a straight forward cnc cut. Thought i would ask again if anyone has any experience with this product

This may be of interest via Vectric regarding the software end of things. Looks like you also need to edge drill your panels, which means some custom hardware too...either on or most likely, off the bot on a different machine or bench.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Always a pleasure to hear from you Brady. You are right, but i figured that could be handled ‘non bot.’ The critical cuts need to be done with the bot. Sent them an email - no response - called - phone system did not work. Watching the laguana video, seems they are aiming for big production units, but i still think a small shop could work it. I will check vectric.

Thought i would share my latest info - pleasd to say that i had a very helpful telecon today with Tom May of Lockdowel. Not only is he allowing me to purchase a small amount of the channel locks (which is only fair as i was not looking for freebies) but he offered to have his engineers look at my drawings and offer ideas.

I pointed out to him that there is a sizeable market of small cabinet shops that could benefit from his products - most are adaptable to cnc machines. He offered that they are working with shopbot in this area.

nothing but positives with the conversation - they have already shipped and i am looking forward to ‘testing’ with my shopbot as i build a cabinet for a good friend

I have suggested to the Aspire team there may be a ‘gadget’ here for the slots needed for the channel locks - if lockdowel has not reached out to you, i would suggest you (vectric) reach out to them.

I would also be interested in what is happening on the ShopBot team - Tom was not sure who they were working with at ShopBot and i do not know the current status, but i see this as a great area to explore.

I will try to post more info and pictues as i use the products

Cheers
    Don

The key hole gadget that's already in VCarve and Aspire should work just fine.

You'll still need to rig up something to drill the dowel holes on the ends of the panels.

I am still using aspire 2.5 so not up to speed on the new gadgets - glad to hear there is something that would work. A simple jig can help with the dowel holes - it is the key hole slot that needs the cnc - anyway, looking forward to seeing how it all works