Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabineo RTA fastener from Lamello

Thats why the Cabineo looks so attractive - no edge boring/cutting needed. Everything can be done easily in 2D on a flat bed.

Andrew,

Do you know what pricing is like for the Cabineo fittings?
    Nat Wheatley
    Plymouth Custom Closets
    www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Quote Originally Posted by nat_wheatley View Post
    Andrew,

Do you know what pricing is like for the Cabineo fittings?
    My price here in Canadian dollars:

500 pieces $239
    2000 pieces $925

Andrew: I tried the Cabineo fittings... They are cool as you said because it's all "2D" milling. They grabbed pretty hard on particle board, but they had less grab on plywood. Once you pull the screws out, you're kinda SOL.

For me milling in pocket screws works just as well, and is nearly free. (plus you can always hand drill a new pocket screw if you need)

The only real advantage I see here is that if someone else is putting whatever you make with these together, it will be easier for them. We know with pocket screws you kinda need to make sure the adjacent panel is lined up before you put the screws in, with this system they always line up and you don't need a power tool to do assembly...

Andrew, thanks very much.
    Nat Wheatley
    Plymouth Custom Closets
    www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Just another tool in the shop. I dont use pocket screws, and I am not using the Cabineo (yet) since I am limited by my 48" x 48" machine. What I wouldnt do to go back in time and buy a 4 or 5 x 8 flatbed machine..

I use the Clamex (also from Lamello) for KD but its all with the Zeta P2 machine, not the CNC.

Euro doesnt use plywood, all particle core. Here in Canada I use 99% particle core as well, even for my wood veneers. Plywood isnt my favourite (with the exception of the 1/2" ply I use for my wood cabinet backs) PC is so much flatter, consistant, holds fasteners better, doesnt blow apart etc - only disadvantage is heavier to work with.

Some day I will replace my Buddy with a full size machine, and do more cabinet cutting with the CNC VS the sliding panel saw. But for now its what it is..

Currently for my traditional frameless cabinets I am using a boring machine to put the case together with 8mm dowels, and rabbet the 1/2" backs in a groove. But for some cases like closets or stuff we have to assemble on site, some sort of KD fastener is necessary.

Creative Solids, Fairfield Glade Tennessee

The lamello system is very impressive, but $1650 just for the slot cutter is pricey for a small shop. The cabineo fittings can be completely cut on a cnc but they can be seen. The lockdowel system provides a connection that is truly invisible. Still looking forward to testing the system out when the parts arrive end of the week.

The Zeta system is far more versatile than one can imagine, until you start to use it. $1600 is cheap for a tool that can allow you to do so much, IMO. It’s allowed me to tackle jobs in the several thousand dollar d=range I otherwise couldn’t have done. There are several connectors - with various strengths. I use 5 different ones.

Never took a good look at the lockdowel since I don’t have the equipment to use, but I did briefly see it at IWF last year.