Thread: Problems losing position

University of North Dakota, Grand Forks North Dakota

Default Problems losing position

I recently replaced the computer on my Shopbot and upgraded the control software at the same time. Since this time I have been having a lot of problems with the program losing position following a cut. My students have been able to cut parts, but if we do not end the program just before the cut finishes the shopbot automatically resets the z height to zero in the workpiece and also the xy position. The same thing happens when trying to cut multiple parts (the zero's change after the first part is cut) Often this results in the z plunging into the table. Are there any settings that could cause this? Thanks

University of North Dakota, Grand Forks North Dakota

Just an update. I talked to tech support and they very patiently helped me with my problems. When I had updated my computer I had downloaded the wrong version software (I apparently have a 4g board). I remember changing the unit and ramp values to make the machine travel correct distances, what I didn't realize was that I had not changed the jog values and this was what seemed to be causing the problems. Once I updated to the correct version everything seems to be working fine. I have a lot to learn about this machine, but I have to say that Shopbot's tech support is top notch.