Thread: proximity setup to a new zero

Default proximity setup to a new zero

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the proximity switch? My new table top is centered on powerstick. When i home x and y using proximity switches...c3 command... it zero's to about half inch off table top. This is causing my Value limits to warn me about cutting larger than limits on a 48 x 48 perimeter practice cut. It cuts fine when i ignore VL warning... Not sure what i doing wrong. any help would be appreciated

thanks

Use Tools/ShopBot Setup and work your way through the prompts to set up/reset your prox switches to work with the tables new position or offset from the proxes.
    Scott

Lay on the floor and look up at the power stick. You will see a bolt head that comes into close proximity with a hall effect sensor. Just move that bolt a bit to where you need it to be.

Take a lot more time and effort gettin' that bolt in just the right spot than running the setup to get it exact. Not to mention the bumps on the head ;-)
    Scott

Doing a job properly usually does take a bit more effort.

I like my switches off the bed as I then can start a bit in the negative or move my bit off the bed to zero it when I have bit changes.

Thank you srwtlc - Scott. I tried that approach earlier on and i had moved the pop-ups to read the messages. when the keypad popped up, i didn't see it because it was behind one i had moved. exactly what i needed to get properly set-up.

Thank you again