Thread: Add Sheet(s) - ShopBot Link

Default Add Sheet(s) - ShopBot Link

I seem to be missing something obvious. When I add a sheet to a ShopBot Link job, how do I get it to actually use it? I need to cut a single cabinet part on a smaller sheet, but after adding the sheet, I see no way to use it. When I try to nest the single part, it always uses a full sheet.

Thanks!
    Ron Sloan

Ron, you add the dimensions of the smaller sheet, accept the sheet, exit and click on x or y to nest it.

Thanks for the reply, Terry.

That's exactly what I do, but it still nests on a full sheet. I check the rectaglular checkbox, enter the dimensions, and it shows up in the, "add Sheet(s) dialog - all looks good. I accept and return, but no joy. I've posted it on the Thermwood forum, too, but am still awaiting a reply.

Thanks again,
    Ron

P.S. I could have sworn it worked once before...
    Ron Sloan

Are you selecting the material first?
    Are you sure the parts will fit on the smaller sheet?
    Are both of the dimensions you are entering smaller than the table parameters definged in the settings?

Sorry, those questions seem obvious, but it sounds like you are doing everything right. I'm not sure why it is not working.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    16.9hp Republic Regenerative Blower
    Aspire 8.5
    eCabinets with ShopBot Link

https://www.facebook.com/SyzygyWoodworks/

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. You have to select the material, and I only have one, so it has to match the part. I tried a way oversized piece, and still had the problem. The table parameters are 96" x 60", so are well above the small piece I'm trying to cut. I'm stumped. Still waiting on a response from Thermwood.

I'll post back if I find a solution.

Best regards,
    Ron
    Ron Sloan

OK, got it figured out. I forgot that the 3/4" generic material has grain specified. I had to set the grain direction in the link to match the material specified in eCabs.

Hope this helps someone else!
    Ron Sloan