Thread: OpenDesk Lift Desk

Default OpenDesk Lift Desk

Just finished this up the other day:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/lc07w8Grv5MBl0VU2

OpenDesk Lift Desk 2.jpg

I really like making this OpenDesk stuff. This one I remixed the file quite a bit before I felt comfortable milling it.

Has anyone else tried any of the OpenDesk stuff?

Nice. I've downloaded some of their files, but haven't cut anything yet. Their details, joints, and connections are all really well thought out.

How come you haven't cut any of them yet? Is it just that you don't have the need for something, or can you not spare the time to prep the file?

I'm curious because I find that it takes a long time to really dig in and understand their files. It's not that their stuff is bad, it's just that I feel like I really need to understand how all of the joinery works rather than blindly cutting a file and trusting that all the tolerances are good...

How are the files downloaded? I don’t see a place on their website.

You've got to agree to not use it commercially before you're allowed to download... In fact I think you need to create a free account with them.

If you do want to use their designs commercially you have to become one of their makers and pay them a percentage for each make.