Thread: VD command in config file

Default VD command in config file

I was looking at the VD command in the config file:
    ShopBot_PRS96x48alpha.sbd dated 4/23/16

It has the following:
    VD, 1, 3, 0, 0, 2, 1, 0, .1, 0, 1, 1, -2500, -7500, 8800, 4600, 0, 0, 0

The parameters don't match up with the Command Reference Manual on pg 35
    http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotD...les/ComRef.pdf

In the VD command above, it's missing an entry for "Write System File". Right before the -2500, shouldn't there be an additional field for this, either a 1 or 0?

Also, in the command reference it has "KeyPad Switch AutoOff" listed as the 9th parameter, and it has "KeyPad Switches Auto-OFF" listed right after the message screen location parameters. This looks to me to be the same thing. Is this a mistake in the manual? If not, what's the difference between these two?

Finally, I wrote a program where I wanted to print messages to the message window, but the window never appeared. Could it be because the above VD config is wrong. Also, where on the screen should the message window appear when using the defaults: 2500, -7500, 8800, 4600? I don't really know how to interpret these numbers.

There are a couple of obsolete values in the VD command and the 'Write System Log' is the one before the first message screen location. The order of things in the fill-in sheet doesn't necessarily match the command parameter order, just in case you were going by that.

The order is as listed...

VD, Obsolete, #Axes, Linear Units, A Units, B Units, Obsolete, Display File Comments, Keypad Fixed Distance, Keypad Remote, Write Part file Log, Write System Log, -2500, -7500, 8800, 4600, KeyPad Switch AutoOff, Display File Progress, Main Display Type (Full or Easy).

I'd say the 'Keypad Switch Auto Off' and 'Show File Progress' duplicate is a mistake in the ComRef pdf.

If you turn on 'Display File Comments' in the VD fill-in sheet, then it should show the message window. If it doesn't show, it could be that it is off the screen somewhere. If you set the locations to 0,0 in the fill-in sheet, the message window should show up at the upper left of the command console. This is assuming that you are not using the 'Easy' display (if you are, you shouldn't be).
    Scott

Thanks I'll do a test with the message window.