Thread: zero plate not zeros

Default zero plate not zeros

I have noticed that when I zero with the touch plate that zero is not the top of the piece(or where I zeroed it) .
    I auto zero it with the aluminium plate don't move x or y but tell it to go to zero z and there is a gap maybe 1mm -1.5mm

how do I fix this
    thanks alan

Alan,
    One thing to check is to see if on the third page of TS (Tool Setup) is to see if the actual measurement of the Plate thickness...Matches what is entered.
    One thing I did was to mark the place I measured the plate at with an X with a Sharpie, and I try to always Zero out the tool on that spot on the plate.
    Also double check that the plate doesn't have any bow, or a metal spur on it.
    Always swipe the plate and the material surface to remove sawdust too.
    Hope it's this easy to fix as I saw you had other Z issues.
    scott
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Alan,
    One thing to check is to see if on the third page of TS (Tool Setup) is to see if the actual measurement of the Plate thickness...Matches what is entered.
    One thing I did was to mark the place I measured the plate at with an X with a Sharpie, and I try to always Zero out the tool on that spot on the plate.
    Also double check that the plate doesn't have any bow, or a metal spur on it.
    Always swipe the plate and the material surface to remove sawdust too.
    Hope it's this easy to fix as I saw you had other Z issues.
    scott
    I'm hoping this is an easy fix because it seems to be consistently out. so hopefully its a settting issue. hopefully I will play with it tomorrow and see whats going on

i remember when the thickness of my plate was off, i adjusted the size ever so slightly. I re-zeroed and repeated until i could drag a piece of paper under a bit while it was at z-zero and feel a drag on the paper.