Thread: FabMo Upgrade for Desktop

Default FabMo Upgrade for Desktop

Anyone have any more information on when this might be available? Last I saw/heard/read was maybe Fall. Tried searching around but not a lot of info out there. Any new news?
    ShopBot Desktop 24x18
    Spindle
    VCarve Pro 8.5xx
    ScottP Super Deluxe Spoilboard

My guess based on past experience with ShopBot they won't have much information about the FabMo upgrade on the web site, you are going to have to call them and ask about it. My plan was to call them around the First of November to see where they are at with the release of it. Does sound like they have it for the Desktop at this time see below.

This is what I have heard:

One of the unseen heroes in the ShopBot booth was FabMo, ShopBot’s new CNC software platform. FabMo provides fast, smooth, motion and incredible ease of use because it allows our CNC tools to be run and managed from any device – phone, tablet, PC, Mac, iPad, etc., and to be run wirelessly or wired. Anyone who watched the snappy cabinet-cutting of the PRSalpha ATC saw FabMo in action. FabMo makes CNC more efficient; it makes CNC easier to use; it makes your CNC better. We’re currently shipping FabMo on Handibots and Desktop products and will be moving it to full-size tools this fall. Shortly after that, FabMo will be available as a control card upgrade for all older ShopBot tools.
    Ron Moorehead
    R&S Design
    ShopBot PRS Aphla 48 by 96
    Laserpro Explorer 30 watt
    Universal Laser 50 watt
    3D printer

Thanks for that ^. I saw that they were shippping some with it now (not sure when "now" was though) because most of what I could find was dated around 2 years ago and I bought mine a year ago. I'll wait a little while longer and then give them a call to see.
    ShopBot Desktop 24x18
    Spindle
    VCarve Pro 8.5xx
    ScottP Super Deluxe Spoilboard