Thread: Interpolate function and Cabineo

Default Interpolate function and Cabineo

I am trying to set up eCabinets and the ShopBot Link for the Cabineo system by Lamello.

I have it set up as a KD fastener in eCabinets and there are no issues there. The problem is in the cutting. I have a 15mm tool set up to drill. I also have a 1/4" bit set up to route along with interpolate.

When it comes to cutting the 3 overlapping 15mm holes, instead of drilling them with the 15mm boring bit, it is routing them out with the 1/4" bit. The only way I can get it to use the 15mm boring bit is to turn off interpolate under the 1/4" bit. This means I loose the interpolate function when pocketing holes to accept something like a flush mounted LED light.

What am I missing with the interpolate function? Thanks in advance for any help.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    16.9hp Republic Regenerative Blower
    Aspire 8.5
    eCabinets with ShopBot Link

https://www.facebook.com/SyzygyWoodworks/

Hi Keith,

In settings did you try turning on "Run Pockets made of 1 arc and 1 line as a drill when the line is on the edge of the part”?

it says it is used to cut KD fastener pockets as a drill operation, rather than using the pocketing method.

Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Lucas View Post
    Hi Keith,

In settings did you try turning on "Run Pockets made of 1 arc and 1 line as a drill when the line is on the edge of the part”?

it says it is used to cut KD fastener pockets as a drill operation, rather than using the pocketing method.

Tim
    Thanks Tim. I will try that tomorrow and report back.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    Aspire 8.5

That didn't work, unfortunately.

When I set the 1/4" bit to interpolate, it still wants to use it to pocket out the 15mm holes instead of drilling them with the 15mm boring bit.

As soon as I uncheck interpolate on the 1/4" bit, it uses the 15mm boring bit to drill the 15mm holes.

Still scratching my head on this one.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    Aspire 8.5

So I remember something about it looking for tools in order, what if your 15mm bit was a tool before your 1/4" bit??
    www.TLCW.us

So I remember something about it looking for tools in order, what if your 15mm bit was a tool before your 1/4" bit??
    That sounds promising. I will check that out. Thanks.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    Aspire 8.5

I agree with Tim. Drill and Interpolate are both drill functions. With a Drill operation, the link will look in Tooling at Operation 1 and see if it can do the job. If it can't, it moves on to Operation 2. If Operation 2 tool can do the job, the link stops looking for a tool. It doesn't look for the "best" tool to do the job, just one to complete it.

Same scenario for Rout/Dado operations. Typically best to order from largest to smallest, unless you have a scenario of a specific tool to do a job.

If you cannot get it figured out, take an export from the link and email it to cabinets@thermwood.com and I'll take a look at it. Just reference this thread so I have an idea of whats going on.

-Clint-

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuechlein View Post
    I agree with Tim. Drill and Interpolate are both drill functions. With a Drill operation, the link will look in Tooling at Operation 1 and see if it can do the job. If it can't, it moves on to Operation 2. If Operation 2 tool can do the job, the link stops looking for a tool. It doesn't look for the "best" tool to do the job, just one to complete it.

Same scenario for Rout/Dado operations. Typically best to order from largest to smallest, unless you have a scenario of a specific tool to do a job.

If you cannot get it figured out, take an export from the link and email it to cabinets@thermwood.com and I'll take a look at it. Just reference this thread so I have an idea of whats going on.

-Clint-
    That worked! Thanks very much to both of you!

I rearranged all the tools from biggest to smallest and everything ran as expected.

I really appreciate the help.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    Aspire 8.5

That worked! Thanks very much to both of you, I appreciate your help. I rearranged the tools from biggest to smallest and everything ran as I wanted.
    PRS Alpha 96-60 ATC
    Aspire 8.5

That's Great! Now back to some of that beautiful work you do

Tim
    www.TLCW.us