Thread: Slow processing

Default Slow processing

I have a new laptop with a 7th gen core i7 processor, a ssd, Quadro core video card. I'm running Windows 10 pro. I don't know why ecabs is so slow it's not tolerable. Are other people having issues.

Thanks
    Todd

Dear Todd

I'm sure more experienced users will have better advice but a quick look at their web-site shows..

Note: The eCabinet Systems software does not currently directly benefit from multi-processor or multi-core processor systems.

http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabi...ter_system.htm

Sincerely and in good faith
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by 2006prt View Post
    I have a new laptop with a 7th gen core i7 processor, a ssd, Quadro core video card. I'm running Windows 10 pro. I don't know why ecabs is so slow it's not tolerable. Are other people having issues.

Thanks
    Todd
    Slow compared to what? Did you have it running on a different computer before?? When is it slow? Have you posted trouble on ecabs forum?

Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Lucas View Post
    Slow compared to what? Did you have it running on a different computer before?? When is it slow? Have you posted trouble on ecabs forum?

Tim
    I uninstalled and reinstalled ecabs and that seemed to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2006prt View Post
    I uninstalled and reinstalled ecabs and that seemed to help out.
    Good deal

Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

I just purchased a used Desktop and a new cheap ($175) HP Stream 11 Pro G3 to control it. Of course it came loaded with bloatware and a gazillion programs that load on startup. But that was easily dealt with. Windows Defender has a "Fresh Start" feature that does a clean install of Windows 10, removing any software that is not part of the core Windows distribution. It keeps your personal data and settings and leaves a list on the desktop of what it removed, but you'll have to find and download any of those you want back. Essentially, it "repaves" itself! That made a huge difference in how that it runs. Noticeably faster and no perceptible hangs, pauses, gulps, or twitches.