Thread: Phone home

Default Phone home

Hey guys I would like my Shop bot to go toots home position when I make a bit change I know there is an easy way to do this just can’t figure it out I have a couple of bit changes in a program and if it went to the home position I can have my 0 Z automatically. Thanks for the help. tad Sinclair

In VCP and Aspire, on the right side "Material setup" box, you can change Home position of the file to wherever you want.
    Since it remains the same as the last file you made...it will stay the same unless you change it.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Run through tools shopbot setup (TS) to enable it.
    Scott

Default Home position

Sometimes it is handy to have the home position be in the center of the material.

This might be the best place to z-zero on the material anyways, and then start the files from the center.

Of course, that does not mean that you cannot mount the material 90 degrees the wrong way...
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Thanks for the replies. Here is the problem my machine starts and stops a the home position but when I make a bit change in the middle of the program it stays in the place where it left off I need it to go back to the home position or other position away from my part for the bit change where my bit change station is and where my Z zero plate is mounted is this possible to do automatically

As Scott states above, you can select a position for bit change in the setup dialogs
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for the replies there must be something wrong with my program it just stays in last position for bit change I’m just going to move it with the key pad. Thanks again guys

Here's another option for you:

Just save out each SBP by itself (not all toolpaths together), so you have multiple SBPs. Then run each one sequentially, moving the tool to wherever you want in between to Zzero.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com