Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do with your scrap?

Now that's a floor! Just terrific. I recently joined a craftsman guild (I can see Bill Young laughing, Craftsman?) anyhow great bunch of folks. I took a load of 'scrap' to a meeting a while back and you would be amazed to see how great my 'scrap' looks now! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

My farmer neighbor saves his empty feed bags for me. I built a stand to hold them vertical and throw cut off pieces in as they com off the saw. I take those bags of scrap to him along with barrels of sawdust. He throws the bag of scraps into his outdoor wood stove. Nobody has to fool around picking up hundreds of pieces of wood. Sawdust of coarse is bedding for the calves.

Quote Originally Posted by chiloquinruss View Post
    Now that's a floor! Just terrific. I recently joined a craftsman guild (I can see Bill Young laughing, Craftsman?) anyhow great bunch of folks. I took a load of 'scrap' to a meeting a while back and you would be amazed to see how great my 'scrap' looks now! Russ
    Russ,

There are some incredibly creative people out there (me not being one of them) that take what a production shop would consider scrap/junk and turn it into amazing things. I wish I had that level of creativity in my blood....
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Nice floor.

Not nearly as prolific cutting as most of you guys, pistol grips, yoyos, light switch covers ,guitar pick guards are a few things I make from cutoffs.
    Burn alot too, even save my sawdust to pitch into the fire with a woosh, not much gets wasted when it comes to wood.
    Doug

Any thing that is big enough to use or glue up I make bottle stopper, Ink pens, four by four cheese boards. On some of my large panels that I glue up. and have room I cut bangle Bracelets, rings, and other products. The only thing that goes out side is saw dust and small pieces which I compost ( I average five to ten 55 gallon drums every week and sometimes more). Some of my Scrap I sale to local wood turners. I have one that does segmented bowls and he buys by the pound. The compost I sale by the pound. Thin strips are sanded flat and added in where they can be used on cutting boards or as inlay. I am now starting to do intarsia projects out of some scrap.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI