Thread: Random Tool Paths

Default Random Tool Paths

Have a new 48x96 PRSAlpha. I cut my 1st sign last week and watched as the tool roamed randomly all over the place, taking a little out here, then there. Broke up large patches into bits and pieces then finished be buzzing all about cleaning up little bits it missed.

Seems to me this has to waste a lot of time. Is there a way to make it more efficient?

Jerry

I'm no expert by any means. but last week I was cutting straight lines on a sheet of mdf. I drew a box instead of straight lines so that it wouldn't do a line then travel back to start the next wasting travel time. I went out side the sheet so it didn't cut on the ends of the box. problem was that I used another box to align the other boxes. when I went to remove the alignment box I cut it instead of deleting it. I ended up with multiple lines on top of each other in one spot.
    this created tool paths on those lines and it was cut twice . a bit wasteful. probably 30 seconds on a 15 min cut but no big deal.

it sounds like you have a similar issue. something isn't joined up fully or has hidden lines