Thread: anyone cut this tye of manufactured material?

Default anyone cut this tye of manufactured material?

a customer wanted me to cut concrete board but looking into it its not something I would want to do with a cnc or even a saw in my basement shop. but I found it is this material what do you think?

http://virocny.com/

Here’s a link to the MSDS for this product…

http://www.viroc.pt/ResourcesUser/Do...yDataSheet.pdf

They make the product seem very safe but look up the MSDS sheets for its contents!

Portland Cement CEM II/A-L 42,5R
    Pine wood shavings
    Sodium Silicate - Na2O.nSiO2
    Aluminium Sulphate - Al2(SO4)
    3.nH2O
    Water

“Viroc releases dust when it is machined. This dust is not a health risk.”

At any rate, I wouldn’t want its dust on my machinery even if I thought I could protect my lungs!

SG

This falls into the category of: Just 'because you can', doesn't mean you should.

According to the manufacturer, if you're not running dust collection, forget it. You'll "damage the environment". (clutching pearls right now...) I say forget the environment for now & gear up to protect your lungs. Some of these materials can leave you permanently damaged with symptoms similar to silicosis/asbestos. It gets in & never comes out. This stuff is the same as any cementitious composite.

I avoid these materials. Unless the margins are huge - to justify the fine particulate fallout (grit in bearings, rails etc) and health concerns (of you AND your building dwellers' lungs), I'd avoid it.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Back when I was young and dumb I cut a bunch of that stuff with a diamond cement blade on a circle saw.
    The dust is pure howdoyousayhell and get it past the autocensor?