Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sb control software

You too Don. I'm working on another project for the Bot you may have interest in...still under wraps right now, but I've been meaning to do it for like 10 years now...It should be worth it. I post when ready...

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Creative Solids, Fairfield Glade Tennessee

Here are two pictures of the inside of my control box - i do not see a B slot, only A
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 5th driver, Acc will be your B axis. Just make sure in VD it's set to 5 axes & VI Channel 4 says B. You can put A in channel 5.

Now your software should output properly. It will most likely read values for X,Y,Z,,B; where the comma is just a place holder for the B axis values.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady, sounds like a software change - i do not see any other place to put the controller - so i will re-install the control box and go from there. Don

Brady, ok, think i have this now set up - control box back toghether with no changes made. Indexer was still on A and VD showed 5 Axis - then went to VI and changed channel 4 to B and channel 5 to A. Did a test and MB rotated the indexer. So i the control box and software are now on the same channel. My missing step was to go to VI and reassign the channels. Picture is not real clear but shows VI and B now in channel 4 and A in channel 5. Appreciate the help

Right on - post some pics of your masterpiece when you get it cut

-B

ok, here are first items. very basic, but to me to ‘turn’ solid surface material is absolutely amazing. these were made from scrap and crudely glued up, so seams are evident. cylinder was very first. other two have taped end using program i wrote. never realized how great a tool an indexer is and just how much fun it is

Great! What are they? Plugs for salt water fishing? Tool handles?

-B

They are rolling pins or that is the current strategy - the tapered ends help with the rolling. Weight helps and future models will have designs that would be imparted on to the dough. But the real purpose of them is to see if i could do it with SS -i have gobs of 1-1/2 strips and not enough contrastin colors for checker boards. Cheers Don

Nice - I think there were a few guys over the years doing rolling pins. A CNC lathe may be in your future...

Google 'Candy Press' - and go to images. That will give you some ideas for a rotary press using patterned impressions. Maybe interchangeable rollers for like a pasta press would work for your application.

Years ago there was a company selling a product that put an a repeating impression on a clay-like material that sat on top of MDF for detailed moldings. Not sure if it ever took off, but it was a neat concept...this is also how those intricate picture frames are made using gesso, then gold leafed etc.

-B