Thread: sign making help!

Default sign making help!

Hi everyone,

I am still relatively new to VCarve Pro. As you can see in this image, I can't get the toolpathing correct for this project.

sign help.jpg

I am trying to pocket out to .25" depth, leaving the text at original zero. Then the graphic should be .15" above the pocket depth and .1" below the text. Everything works except for the first O and second W. I have tried everything I can think of. Ideas?

Here's a link to the crv file.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
    Brian

The link to your file isn't working, but I'd take a look at the vectors for the O and W and make sure that you didn't weld them with the underlying graphic.

To get a better looking preview, go to Toolpaths/Preview Simulation Quality and choose a higher setting like very high or extremely high.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    The link to your file isn't working, but I'd take a look at the vectors for the O and W and make sure that you didn't weld them with the underlying graphic.

To get a better looking preview, go to Toolpaths/Preview Simulation Quality and choose a higher setting like very high or extremely high.
    Thanks for the tip about preview quality! Also, I watched vectric’s stacked text tutorial and now I’m all set!