Thread: “nudge” command question...

Default “nudge” command question...

When/if I use the “nudge” command in SB 3.8.42… How long does its effect last? Let’s say I see I’m not cutting all the way through on a perimeter cut, pause, nudge down .005” and continue. Have I effectively re-zeroed my Z axis or will its effect end with the completion of that file?
    Thanks!
    SG

[MN] - Move Nudge Command

Move Nudge activates a panel that allows easy, small adjustments to the current location of your tool. The
    “Nudge” permanently effects the current location the tool but does not affect the underlying Table Base
    Coordinates so that true location can always be recovered by issuing an [ST] Command to restore TBC
    location. “Nudge” is also available when your tool has been stopped in the middle of Part File.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks Brady! This is a “tool” I haven’t been using because I didn’t know it’s ramifications… I’ll likely find it useful now!
    SG

Steve, It comes in super useful for surfacing routines!
    I just have one file for surfacing branches/small slabs/rough stock, and I just MN down.
    WAY faster than changing the file, or re-Zeroing
    Thanks Scott W. !
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine