Thread: Vcare Pro 9 on new Win 7 Pro on computer

Default Vcare Pro 9 on new Win 7 Pro on computer

New Windows PC using Win 7 Pro - solid State 'C' drive, 2 Hybrid 2TB hard drives. Previous PC was Win 7 Ultimate - essentially Win 7 Pro.

Installed VCP 9. Previous PC was 7.514. New install on a new computer. Nothing propagated. Did copy previous .crv and sbp files over of course.

machine stats:
    Shopbot PrtAlpha
    SB Control Software 3.6.46
    Circuit Board V2.6 2004
    Contyrol Box Firmware 202
    OS 2.8.01

First Question: Dropdown to create sbp file only shows (Shopbot TC(inch)(*.sbp). Old PC showed Shopbot (arcs)(inch)(alpha_control)(*.sbp).

I assume it is ok to create sbp file using that on my machine?

Second Question: When previewing the tool paths, the machine goes so fast all I see are a few blinks for each tool path and it is over. Speed button is all the way to the left. Anyway to slow it down to be useful or is it because I have a lightning speed system? The speed slide only slows it down very marginally but it IS working. As it is, the preview is totally useless. Anyone else experience this? Suggestions?

Thanks.

(BTW - machine running the CNC is an old stripped down XP. Totally unrelated to this.)

Under the "Toolpath" tab, you can increase the preview quality...slowing it down by up to 25X.
    If a 3D, then importing at an increased resolution, can slow things also.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Well, thanks Scott. That helped a bit but not enough to be usable. I might just have to use VCP on the old machine - at least as long as it runs.

Scott - My Bad. somehow the speed slider got moved to the right when I tested your suggestion. The preview DOES slow down to a very usable speed when one is not a bozo and checks the slider. Thanks for your help.

Glad it worked!
    Way I knew that was having it set at max res for a big 3D....and wondering WHY my computer was so slow? Duh!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine