Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Austin CNC Confab

Default 2018 Austin CNC Confab

This year the camp/CNC Confab will be held March 2 & 3.

Here is the announcement.

2018 Austin CNC Confab

The 2018 Austin CNC Confab will be held Friday March 2 and Saturday March 3 at my shop in Austin at 9000 Feather Hill Rd., Austin, TX 78737 from 9AM to 5PM both days.

Donuts and coffee will be provided both mornings. Sandwiches will be provided Friday and Fajitas Saturday at lunch.

The topics and presenters are being determined. Currently they include the VCarve Pro and Aspire Moulding toolpath, the indexer, advanced holddown techniques. I would like to have some presentations on other design softwares besides Vectric (not how to’s but overviews) including Sketchup, an overview of Vectric Gadgets, machine modifications and unique projects. If anyone has any expertise or knowledge that they would like to present please contact me.

As usual I am expecting a number of interesting “Show and Tells” from attendees.

The registration fee is $65.00 and the preferred payment method is Paypal to wayne@lockedesign.net

2018 Austin CNC Confab
    Current Presentation lineup & info

The 2018 Austin CNC Confab will be held Friday March 2 and Saturday March 3 at my shop in Austin at 9000 Feather Hill Rd., Austin, TX 78737 from 9AM to 5PM both days. It is shaping up nicely with an interesting lineup of presentations.

Shopbot is again providing the meals for both days and is also sponsoring a limited number of scholarships. Please contact me for details.

Here is the current lineup of presentations:
    Using the VCarve & Aspire Fluting & Moulding gadgets
    Indexer setup and toolpathing
    Using Sculpt Nouveau to finish projects
    Cutting Vinyl with the Vinyl Cutter
    Using the Diamond Cutter and Pen Plotter
    Using Fusion 360, MasterCam and Vectric software
    Advanced vacuum jigs
    Designing and building a chair with Aspire and the CNC
    CNC in education
    Boatbuilding with the CNC

I am actively pursuing additional presenters for the following topics:
    Other design and/or toolpathing software available
    Metal Cutting
    Cabinetmaking with CNC
    Machine modifications
    Interesting or unique projects

If you have some knowledge or expertise you would like to share on these or any other topics please contact me. Or if you are just interested in something you would like to see please contact me. If you have some knowledge or a project you would like to share and do not want to do a full presentation please bring it for Show & Tell.

The registration fee is $65.00 and can be paid through Paypal to wayne@lockedesign.net. Checks can be sent to Locke Design & Woodworks at 9000 Feather Hill Rd., Austin, TX 78737. Payment can also be made at the door but please Rsvp and/or paying is extremely helpful.

Default Don't miss this Camp ShopBot in Austin at Wayne's

Dear ShopBotters,

I have been coming to Wayne's camp since around 2006 and have gained so much knowledge throughout the years that I still have not put it all to use. Like many of us, I am deeply grateful for Wayne's sacrifice and ShopoBot's generosity.

This year he is charging only $65 for a 2 day camp (which also includes lunches, refreshments). Over the years, I have gained literally thousands of dollars of information in regard to more effectively using my ShopBot.

This year I will be conducting some training on all the Widget Works products plus showing how to use a bore sighter laser to check your XY locations.

We have a good size group of teachers with ShopBots coming and they would really benefit from some of us ShopBotters using their machines in industry/business (no matter how small).

Brett Dickinson

Here is the Austin Cnc lineup at this point.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Attached Images Attached Images

Wayne always has a great turnout. Sorry I was unable to go this year. I am looking forward to seeing some great pictures when they get rested up from the exciting weekend.

Wow! What a turnout! There was something for everyone!

It was exciting to see so many different implementations of CNC in business, home, school, entertainment and even incarceration! This year’s camp was well attended by all age groups and genders.

Getting together with old friends and making new ones, swapping stories, talking about suppliers, and seeing how others have solved issues is like a battery recharge!

Thank you, Wayne, for hosting this annual event!

S Glassel

P.S…. I’ve sent the link for my presentation to all who requested it… if you didn’t get yours, I didn’t get the email request. ☹

Steve,
    Feel free to post a link to your presentation here. I am sure many would be interested in seeing it.

Also - feel free to post pics/write up of the event. I know Wayne's been doing this for a long time & it's ALWAYS good. I am sure many would be interested in sharing in the fun - even if they couldn't attend.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Sure, why not!

For the most part, my presentation slides on molding and fluting toolpaths is self-explanatory, but some points may be lost by not being there… If I leave you confused, ASK!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQj...ew?usp=sharing

I’ll wait to see if anyone else (Wayne) gives a synopsis of the weekend, I’m afraid I might forget one of the many good presentations!

SG

Thanks Steve, I’m filing that pdf away fir reference.
    Tom Bachman,
    Drafting/Woodworking Instructor RETIRED!
    Lakin, Kansas

2001 PRT4896
    https://i.imgur.com/xWEFfDk.jpg