I know this is old system but I don't seem to get the results I need.
I have a shopbot PRT Alpha and use Aspire for my 3d software. Bought a probe with the machine many years ago. Have been getting interest from customers to have a 2.5d design carved into gun stocks.
I figured what I could do is use the probe to get a 3d image of the stock. Then place a 3d image on that by applying to image to 3d object.
So I am running a test on a flat board. Starting off the edge and letting the probe run across the top of the board. Then planned on using that as my base.
Problem is I can run the file and generate a sbp file. I then do what they say and convert that file to dxf in the file converter and bring the dxf into Aspire. But that isn't working.
First I tried to do a 2d outline, like I would on a gun stock and Aspire will not read it. Then I still tried to bring the dxf file in and it isn't correct. It looks like in cut 3d it is there, but not in the aspire.
I have no source for 3d imaging. So that is out. But does anyone have an idea what is going haywire? Or does anyone have a better idea?
I would appreciate any help