Thread: Resister for Gecko drive G203V

Default Resister for Gecko drive G203V

I was removing the Gecko Driver and seeing if the issue was the board or the driver. I discovered it was the driver but I lost the resiter that goes between pin 11 and 12. Does anyone have the part number for it?

It should be an 18.8KΩ for 2A of current, but there were 1.5A and 2A motors over the years. See the 3rd page in the Gecko's manual.

My advice would be to use a Resistor Color Calculator and determine what is in the next drive over and get that one. You can usually get a whole 'brick' of resistors of various values for the same price as only one. They should list the values contained in it.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

thank you..

When you say it was the driver did you call Gecko. I had one fail and they walked me through it and said it was the little green resister and they shipped me out 2 of them free. They are very good and said that the drives normally don't go bad. The resister just plugs in I didn't have to do any soldering. It has been running fine for over a year now.

Most of the time with the G203 drives, there is a bad connection between the screw terminals and the studs on the board. All you need to do is pull the drive and screw terminals and reseat the drive. The G203 is called the 'vampire' drive because it is hard to kill. I doubt the drive is bad.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Watson View Post
    Most of the time with the G203 drives, there is a bad connection between the screw terminals and the studs on the board.....
    Oh yes, had that happen with 3 of my five G203V, very annoying. I guess the silver plated contact surfaces oxidize or maybe the terminal side contacts lose spring force. Just unplugging and re-plugging helped but not reliably. Therefore I pinched the studs with a sharp side cutter to create several ridges and that did the trick so far. If that happens again I may remove the pluggable terminal blocks and solder the wires directly to the studs.