Thread: v carve pro 6 to 9 upgrade

Default v carve pro 6 to 9 upgrade

I bought my prs aphla second hand
    my machine came with v carve pro edition 6 .

I think its time to upgrade to 9 .

problem is I didn't buy the software the first day . its not in my name.

will have to buy a whole copy or can I upgrade

You should be able to transfer the license into your name and upgrade to the latest release, but you *may* have to get the existing licensee to ok it.

Last I checked the fee to transfer the license into your name is $50. The upgrade fee is $150. This is for VCP SB Edition. Full VCP, which you won't need unless you have something other than an SB, is more.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I just went through this and Brady is correct, it's $50 to transfer and $150 to upgrade. If it's the ShopBot edition then you can call ShopBot (or email) and they'll take care of it, if it's the full version then you'll have to go through Vectric.

If you go through ShopBot you don't need the owners ok, but you do need their information whether their business name or their personal name so the transfer can take place. If it's going through Vectric then they do need to verify the transfer with the previous owner.

Version 9 is great, good luck!

great thanks.

how does it work. do I down load an update and install .
    or is it a total install.

could I use the new files to put it on a new pc (the current one is a bit old and shook. )

They’ll send you an email with a download for the entire program, they’ll send you a username and password (generic) to access the download and a user name and password (specific) for you to activate the program. I installed my update on a new computer and updated my old computer.

I believe you can install the software on up to 3 pc’s