Thread: Rapid Traverse Setting

Default Rapid Traverse Setting

Vectric V Carve Pro
    Shopbot Buddy running latest SW

Just cut my first project and am very pleased. It could have been a lot faster but every time the cutter moved to a new position it moved very slow in all three axis's. When cutting it moved fast. The cutting traverse speed is set with the cutter setup in the cutter data base I am guessing, is the traverse speed set in the Shopbot setup? There are several places to make changes to the speed, which is the one I want to use?

Rapids are handled in SB3. Type in JS and make the appropriate changes for your machine. If a standard machine, set the JS for XY to 8; Alpha up to 15, but 10 is probably fine. I'd keep the Z speeds 3 IPS for either.

VCP will change the indicated MS settings in SB3 to the ones you set in the tool database. When the file is complete, it will revert back to whatever MS settings you had in SB3 before running the file. These MS speeds are really only used for keypad mode and canned routines, or if you tell the tool MX, 24 etc. from the console.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks a lot Brady, that's a big help understanding how the priorities are handed off.