Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspire Camp Update

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia - Downtown and need a ride in on Thursday...
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Temps in the mid 70s , when we scedule we look for three things,

One) do not compete with Mothers day,

Two) do not compete with the Masters Golf tournament

Three not too cold not to hot,,

It is a great time to be in Couth Carolina

Looking forward to my new friends and a lot of Old ones !!

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia - Downtown and need a ride in on Thursday...
    John give us a call when you are here 803 933 9988

Thanks! Will do.
    ShopBot Details:
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Got back last night from the Aspire Camp. It was a pretty good event, well organized with a nice mix of speakers.

I was most interested in the indexer discussions. There was a lot of information and inspiration there. I ran out to HD last night and bought a couple of 4x4's to practice on.

The only critique I would make on the show would be for the show-and-tell part. Giving away a cash prize is kind of empty. Personally, I would rather get a nice plaque that I could put on my shelf than some cash I would blow in 10 minutes. Once it's gone, that's it. Nothing to show for it. A plaque would last forever and be a source of pride and discussion each time someone looked at it.

Other than that, nothing but good stuff. Good food, good venue, good speakers and a well oiled machine. Thanks!
    ShopBot Details:
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    Personally, I would rather get a nice plaque that I could put on my shelf than some cash I would blow in 10 minutes. Once it's gone, that's it. Nothing to show for it. A plaque would last forever and be a source of pride and discussion each time someone looked at it.

Other than that, nothing but good stuff. Good food, good venue, good speakers and a well oiled machine. Thanks!
    As someone who made a living doing arts festivals for over 25 years, I would say plenty of cash AND a plaque would be the best option.

Thanks for the suggestion of the plaque,,,
    Maybe we should have a contest for the design of the plaque as well ????

Thanks for attending.
    Michael

All these suggestions are really Good,, Inthe ten years we have done these camps they have always improved in one way or another,

It was a great camp and i will post the photos this weekend

I'm totally out of the loop when it come to Aspire Camps. Is there more than one location? If so which one would be closest to the Chicagoland area? I ask because I'll be joining the ranks of the re-tired this winter and it may be fun to see what ShopBotting is like outside my very small circle of 1.
    So, I'd be interested in 2019 locations, if that info. is available this early.

Quote Originally Posted by pro70z28 View Post
    I'm totally out of the loop when it come to Aspire Camps. Is there more than one location? If so which one would be closest to the Chicagoland area? I ask because I'll be joining the ranks of the re-tired this winter and it may be fun to see what ShopBotting is like outside my very small circle of 1.
    So, I'd be interested in 2019 locations, if that info. is available this early.

Vectric has a user group in Chicago in October,, look on their website for details. The camp I hold is in my Commercial woodshop and was started in 2009 as a thank you for the help i received from Vectric and the great machine forums, CNC changed our operation and We grew during the recession, I am still as grateful now as i was then !