Thread: Tool path dropping into "ATC_XYZ_Home.sbp" unexpectedly

Default Tool path dropping into "ATC_XYZ_Home.sbp" unexpectedly

Hi
    I have a fairly simple tool path that moves to a predetermined location, and zeros the Z axis. As it ends the file it throws me in to "ATC_XYZ_Home.sbp" which telling me there is no tool in the tool holder since I do not have a tool holder this leads to bad places.

The subroutine it goes to is:

'If &ToolIN is zero tool then test to make sure it is really empty
    If &ToolIN = 0 Then GoTo ZeroToolIN

'Check to make sure there is a tool holder properly inserted into spindle
    If %(57) = 0 Then GoTo ToolNotIN
    If &dropped = 1 Then &dropped = 0

This happens after all my commands are executed the only thing I can think of is that because I'm zeroing at 3,50 there is code that is assuming I do have a tool holder, but I can find where this test is to disable it or program around it.

Any help will be appreciated

The file I'm running is as follows:

'SHOPBOT ROUTER FILE
    'GENERATED BY Al McWaters, 02/13/2018
    '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'This file will zero Z axis to the spoil board using the post.
    Pause
    '
    IF %(25)=1 THEN GOTO UNIT_ERROR 'check to see software is set to standard
    '
    SA 'Set program to absolute coordinate mode
    '
    SF,0 'Turn off limit checking temporarily here
    '
    SO, 1, 0 'Confirm Spindles OFF
    '
    C#,90 'Load variables from my_variables.sbc, process called by Custom Cut 90
    '---------------------------------------Defined Variables----------------------------------------------
    &answer = "N"
    &answer2 = "N"
    '---------------------------------------Start main routine--------------------------------------------
    INPUT "It requires that you have a tool installed in the spindel. Do you have your tooling installed in the spindle? (Y,N)":Y, &answer
    '
    If &answer = Y then GoSub Tool_Installed
    If &answer <>Y then GoSub Install_Tool
    '
    INPUT "Is your tooling is higher than the thickness of your matrial? (Y,N)":Y, &answer2
    '
    If &answer2 = y then GoSub Tool_Installed
    If &answer2 <> y then GoSub Adjust_Z
    '
    INPUT "Is your tooling centered on the post? (Y,N)":N, &answer2
    '
    If &answer2 = y then GoSub Tool_Installed
    If &answer2 <> y then GoSub Adjust_X-Y
    '
    FP,C:\SbParts\Zzero.sbp 'Default Z zeroing routine
    '
    JZ,&MY_ZZEROTHICKNESS 'jogs down down the thickness of the z-plate as entered in the machine setting
    'Because we are using the default Zzero.sbp subroutine this
    'Moves the tool down to actual zero to compensate for the thickness of the
    'Zzero Plate which we are not using.
    '
    ZZ 'Sets machine to actual Zero
    '
    INPUT "Enter a number that is higher than the thickness of your matrial to jog the spindle up to." &moveTo
    '
    JZ,&moveTo 'Jogs spindle up the enterd amount.
    '
    PAUSE 1
    '
    'Done and Done
    PAUSE
    '
    End
    '
    '------------------------------------Sub Routines--------------------------------------------------------------
    Adjust_Z:
    'Use the keyboard to raise your tooling higher than your material.
    PAUSE
    SK
    Return
    '
    Install_Tool:
    'Use the keyboard to raise the spindle then intsall your tooling, making sure the tool will clear you material when we jog to post. Close the Keypad.
    PAUSE
    SK
    Return
    '
    Adjust_X-Y:
    INPUT "Are X&Y zeroed to the table defaults? Did you use C3 to set the X&Y?": N, &Defaults
    If &Defaults = Y then GOSUB Default
    If &Defaults <> Y then GOSUB Not_Default
    '
    Default:
    J2, 3,50
    Return
    '
    Not_Default:
    'Use keyboard to move tooling over center of post then close keyboard.
    PAUSE
    SK
    Return
    '
    RETURN
    '
    Tool_Installed:
    Return

What is your tool configuration? - Is your tool an ATC?

I *think* what you are trying to do is move the tool to an XY location, and then touch off of a tool setting/zzero plate using a conventional router or spindle (not ATC) - Correct?

If this is the case, you may find it easiest to just modify (copy, paste and rename) Zzero.sbp. Put a line in there to jog over to where your plate is first. If you don't want prompts (like Press OK to Zero etc), comment out the PAUSE commands below the associated comment in Zzero.sbp (or your renamed file so you don't mess up the original).

Go into C:\SBParts\Custom\My_Variables.sbc and change the thickness of the Zzero plate to reflect your toolsetter/plate thickness.

Doing it this way is easier, simpler and there is no concern for what tool you have in it. When you're done, make yourself a CustomCut using any unused C#. Emulate the code in C:\SBParts\CustomCustom2.sbc for your new Custom Cut.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com