Thread: Online Training - Machining PVC Boards - Tuesday March 13th, 2018

Default Online Training - Machining PVC Boards - Tuesday March 13th, 2018

Hello everyone,
    Please join ShopBot Tools this Tuesday March 13th, 2018 for a free online training. The topic this week is “Machining PVC Boards.” The training begins at 1:00pm eastern time and runs approximately 45 minutes. It is then followed up by a 45 minute Q & A for participates to ask questions and work with each other.

We will start the training talking about the different types of PVC boards that are cut on CNC machines, look into bits and their feeds and speeds. We will demo a project by creating it with the Vectric software and cut it out using a ShopBot Desktop. Other areas of PVC cutting will be covered so this will be an action packed training and we hope you can join us.

There is no need to sign up, just show up a few minutes early on Tuesday and click on the link below. You will log into GoToMeetings and wait for the training to get started. Make sure your computer volume is turned on.

If you have any other questions please feel free to shoot me an Email. This training will be recorded and posted for future viewings. Those recordings can be found on our ShopBot Tools Training Page.

Thanks and hope to see you there. Thanks, TJ

Machining PVC
    Tue, Mar 13, 2018 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/535408909

You can also dial in using your phone.
    United States: +1 (408) 650-3123

Access Code: 535-408-909

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
    Dial: 67.217.95.2##535408909
    Cisco devices: 535408909@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check:https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Hello TJ, I am looking forward to your class. I hope that you will also cover 3D machining of PVC.

I have 2D cut PVC sheets a couple of times, and the interior of this material I cut seemed very cellular,,,,, (hence its name). But I will soon be needing to do some 3d carving that are very detailed, and they will be hung on the outside of a house. Anyway, if there are points of consideration to do good 3D machining of PVC sheets, I will be glad to find out about them.

Thanks, Chuck
    Chuck Keysor (circa 1956)
    PRT Alpha 60" x 144" (circa 2004)
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

Chuck it is definitely a different material when you open it up and expose the cellular core. We will cover 3D and I look forward to others chiming in to share their success/failures.

If the Blizzard gods are permitting electricity and internet...I'll be there
    Always nice for me to learn a new material.
    I just had a visitor who gifted me a 2X4' 1/2" sheet of phenolic, so expect a couple Q's in the Q&A
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Hello TJ. When will the video from this training session be posted????? I am looking forward to watching it.... Thanks, Chuck
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

It will be up by the end of the day tomorrow! It is worth the wait

Here is a temporary link to use until we can get it posted to the ShopBot account: https://youtu.be/CGQPmUT2y0k

Enjoy!

Thanks TJ for a well done, clear and concise tutorial! Chuck
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5