Thread: .0625 and 39 Hours Later

Default .0625 and 39 Hours Later

This is Walnut 5.5" x 96.0" 1"thick. With advice from Scott cut with .0625 ball nose. Very happy with results. Shopbotters allow me to turn out cool stuff. Worried a power glitch could hurt me with such a long cut.But all went well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is like a project you continue to work on until it's finished.
    Never start a project you don't intend to finish!

Nice work, Ken! Will you have to do any sanding, or do you consider it ready to finish? I often want to do parts that require long cutting sessions like that, but I'm afraid to leave the machine unattended while I sleep or whatever, so I end up pausing the job and resuming when I get back to it, which can introduce errors (but doesn't always).

I used 3M white scotch pad to buff before the final finish. It didn't need much else. The long cuts are a problem (Fire) if you are not near but. I use a baby monitor when I am not in the shop. My shop is connected to my house. I keep thinking of a better way to monitor the Bot. Maybe a photo electric smoke detector close to the unit. The good news is on the final 3D cut the dust collector is off. Not sure of how the smoke detector would react to the dust.
    Life is like a project you continue to work on until it's finished.
    Never start a project you don't intend to finish!

Power glitches!!!! I was haunted by those. I added a CyberPower UPS to my buddy. The company said that it would not work but i am living proof that it will. But i still get nervous

That is really great.
    I, too, worry about power flickers mostly when I'm cutting long toolpaths on expensive material.
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!