I purchased a used PRS Standard 48x96 with a 2.2hp spindle and vacuum table about a year ago. I am amazed at the versatility of the VCarve Pro software and the CNC machine. I am learning something every day about the machine and software. This last weekend, I designed VCarve Pro to mill raised panel door and drawer fronts for my kitchen. Wow, what an easy process with the molding toolpath.

My question is that VCarve Pro is telling me it will take 22 hours to mill a full sheet of MDF doors/drawer fronts. I am using a 1/4 in ballnose mill for the panel profile and running the speed at 2ips at 10K rpm using .15 in (about half the bit diameter) for the depth per cut.

Other than a power failure, is there any issue with pausing the execution and leaving the machine and computer running and shut off the vacuum overnight? I am concerned with letting it run overnight considering the fire hazard if left unattended.

Your thoughts? Maybe break up the project into smaller chunks that can complete is less time? I appreciate any insight and suggestions.

Regards, Rick