Thread: Palm Reader

Default Palm Reader

Last Friday I received a call from a Spiritualist requesting a sign for their new business. Of all the different kind of signs I've made over the years, this is my first for a "Palm Reader".

Fortunately there's an existing pole with a steel base pad with holes for bolts. That makes for easy installation.

This is a double sided sign. I have negotiated my welder to make a ring from 4" stock with projecting bolts, on the bottom, to match the existing plate. This is a 4' panel. The graphic is printed on Dibond.

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

You may want to rub some of your Snake Oil potion on that sign somewhere to warn off any bad mojo that may come with making it.
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!

Get paid up front whatever you do!!!

Thanks fellows for your sage advice. Like you, I thought this would a loosing adventure. The contract was instantly signed along with a nice deposit. But I certainly appreciate your concerns.

Joe Crumley
    www.normansign.com

Don't worry about your money Joe-Their way of fleecing people is somewhat different!
    We have had some world famous ones around where I live.

Bleeth,

Thanks for the post. As you know, I'm ever so focused on the bottom line. We have discussed this on several occasions. There's the need to keep one's pricing on track. As a commercial guy I do my best to capture the feelings and emotions of the client while making sure there is a good profit.

UP front, so much of this profession depends on the power of layout and design.

Unlike the "Hobby Class" who doesn't rely on proper pricing to keep the lights on and the doors open. Another distinct advantage of the commercial guys is understanding of the optional materials to be used. Sometimes the most expensive substrates are best due to production times saved.

I do appreciate your support.

Joe
    www.normansignco.com
    Last edited by joe; 03-31-2018 at 12:36 PM.

"Hobby Class"? I resemble that remark now Joe!
    You know I'm with you on actually having a business that pays your bills.
    The hobby guys aren't competition anyway. Most clients need you to be properly credentialed as well as verifiably legit.
    Happy Easter. We do have some catching up to do. Call you soon.