I recently upgraded the PRT96 to the latest control board after the old one gave up. Purchased a new windows 10 computer at the same time. I've always manually turned the spindle on, no big deal, except it would be nice to shut it off when the job is done. Setting up the ShopBot with the new stuff I noticed a spindle on/off control option.
Fast forward, I also have a 3hp/3ph Perski spindle that recently was taken out of service. Spindle is fine but the 3ph inverter is no more. Replaced it with the backup 110v Porter cable for now. I've been looking for an inverter replacement, and the spindle on/off control thing came up again during the search. I'm pretty much a novice when it come to electronic stuff. I can wire basic stuff, but when they start talking 3ph ~ HZ ~Amps~ KVA~ etc. I worry about frying something if I get it wrong.

So my question is, is the spindle on/off option strictly a function of the ShopBot / Vcarve or Aspire software or do I need to watch for that option when buying the new inverter? Or would that option in a new inverter just be redundant?