Thread: Shopbot Control 3.8.46- is there a 64bit version?

Default Shopbot Control 3.8.46- is there a 64bit version?

I got a 64bit win10 laptop with my BT48 and when the control program froze [again], I noticed in the task manager that it is listed as a 32bit program. I don't see a 64bit on the SB site. Thanks Gene

Nope, 32bit is what it is.

Be sure to set up your new laptop so that everything is on all the time, no sleep or low power states when on AC (do not run on battery when connected to the the machine). Go through all settings for power management (advanced settings), as well as disabling USB selective suspend.
    Scott

Thank you Scott- you are the man. I have set the power scheme but forgot the USB power disable. I am struggling with Win10- have many puters with win7pro and a couple tablets with Win 8.1. I will give your two solutions a try in the morning... kinda played out for today I think. I have been building a variation of the popular dust boot [cannot remember the name right now] that allows the exhaust tubing to come off with the brush [made on my laser]. If I can get the SB to run... I think it will work a treat. GeneDust shoe.jpg

I like to use a program called classic shell that makes a windows 10 act like a windows 7 machine

tomhartnett Guest

Can confirm, I use classic shell on all of my Windows 8.1 computers (I kinda like win10, I know I'm weird, so i don't use it there).
    I'll provide the computer setup info we recommend in support for you here as well as attachments. read the intro first

comp setup intro.pdf

Windows Notes.pdf

Thank you both. I just ordered a recond. Dell with Win7pro. I believe that the laptop I got with this used SB is not working very well, along with the Win10 issues. I like Win 8.1 on my tablets but otherwise I have a half dozen Win7 puters and am too old [and tired] to mess with any more problems.
    Tom- I will use your pdfs to setup this new laptop, thanks. Gene