Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IBILD.com

Totally reeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Watson View Post
    Thanks guys - Hopefully I'll see a few of you guys @ the McGrew Aspire Camp next week. Looking forward to it.

-B
    I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia - Downtown and need a ride in on Thursday...
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia - Downtown and need a ride in on Thursday...
    Sorry - I'm coming down from the north & that would be completely out of my way. Post in the Aspire Camp thread that you need a ride & maybe someone else is staying there too. Worst case you can call a cab. It's only 2.5 miles from you.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

totally Rocks !
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Call a cab, try either uber or lift it would be cheaper.

Looks great, one potential bug on the site.

Under the FAQ section, when I click on the "+" it spins into a "-" but the answer doesn't pop open and vice versus. If I click on the question it does open / close.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

I looked at the site on an Iphone SE. Some of the section title words have to go onto multiple lines due to their font size and length. Also the animated typing bit at the end causes the FAQ part below it to jerk up and down as the line above it is written and erased.

Otherwise it looks great and looks really nice on the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by tri4sale View Post
    Looks great, one potential bug on the site.

Under the FAQ section, when I click on the "+" it spins into a "-" but the answer doesn't pop open and vice versus. If I click on the question it does open / close.
    Daniel - thanks. What browser/device are you using? It functions as designed here in Edge & Chrome. When I click on the answer it doesn't do anything for me - only the question has an action to it.

Red - thanks. Yes - not so great in some areas on mobile devices. I think what I will wind up doing is sensing the viewing device & then directing things like mobile devices to a whole different page optimized for smaller screens. I could optimize it for phones etc now, but that would make desktop/tablet viewing become very small. I didn't want that...

Thanks!
    -B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

That is a constant battle for our website guy at work. I happily only know a little about it.

The better idea in the world of website building is to go with one of the popular frameworks like Wordpress or Blogger and use their tools to build a responsive (work equally well on mobile and desktop) site. It's easy, inexpensive and doesn't require a "web guy" to do it. I built a very nice site in about a day on Wordpress.com and paid $80 for a year of hosting. For that, I can use a custom domain and my choice of hundreds of templates. All of them are responsive, flexible and maintained. Wordpress (and the other companies) also take care of the messy details like virus management and DDOS type traffic. It's like having a world class webmaster for virtually nothing.

I would recommend doing this for any type of professional website that doesn't require backend custom programming and scripting.

I'm a very experienced software engineer with my own server farm and I still use Wordpress.com for hosting my important websites.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool