Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limit switch tripped and y axis inverted

Default Limit switch tripped and y axis inverted

After reinstalling windows to get a clean pc to run my shopbot on, and after reinstalling the shopbot control software the system belives that a limit switch is tripped. I can move the machine around but can’t seem to reset the limit switch nor even figure out which one it thinks is tripped. Any ideas.

Also, after reinstalling the software the y axis is now moving backwards. Is there a software switch I can toggle to put it back. I can’t find one but there must be way

Thanks

i Accidentally discovered that everything is inverted. I purposely ran the gantry onto the limit switch and then it thought it wasn’t tripped. Not sure what that means but clearly these two issues are linked

I'm no expert but if you want a quick answer, it appears that there are two setups for the limits. Normally open and normally closed. It's something in the SB software you can change to make it match your machine. Typically, (this is from memory, not knowledge) you can make a choice when you install the SB software that will select the right base settings. You probably took the wrong option.

If you have the time, just search through the SB software settings, find where the limit switches are setup and switch from whatever it is now to the "other" setting. Should take care of it.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

tomhartnett Guest

Take a look in the Values->Input/Output Switch Modes settings, inputs #2 and #3 are associated with limits, if set to Nrm Closed change to Nrm Open. if you have a PRT then only input 3 is used normally

-Tom

Thanks gents. I found this setting and I have tried it in each setting but regardless of what I select it claims that the switch is tripped. I have jogged the table and watch the limit switches activate and deactivate at the switch but the control software doesn’t see that. When I actually jog the table onto its stop the machine is happy. I have played with the settings here too to no avail. Plus. No matter what I do the table still runs backward

Mike,

I'm thinking that John is on the right track...that the wrong settings file got installed. Try typing UR at the command line, or select Utilities and then Reset from the menu, and follow the prompts. Eventually you'll be able to select the kind of tool you have...double check that you select the right one.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bill.young View Post
    Mike,

I'm thinking that John is on the right track...that the wrong settings file got installed. Try typing UR at the command line, or select Utilities and then Reset from the menu, and follow the prompts. Eventually you'll be able to select the kind of tool you have...double check that you select the right one.

Bill
    I too suspect it is something like this too and got excited when I found a PRS file installed when it should have been PRT. I reinstalled it and it unfortunately continued just as before

Now that you have the right file installed, try doing what was suggested by Tom...

Values->Input/Output Switch Modes
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    Now that you have the right file installed, try doing what was suggested by Tom...

Values->Input/Output Switch Modes
    Yeah that’s the first thing I tried but no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mikebpeters View Post
    Yeah that’s the first thing I tried but no luck
    While the limit switches are certainly involved, something is inverting all signals and I think that is why the switches are backwards