Thread: 2007 prs standard questions

Default 2007 prs standard questions

Hi forum,
    Through my research I’ve become interested in a 2007 4’ x 8’ prs standard for sale. I’ve been assured that it’s in excellent condition with one owner using for mostly hobbies and non production. It seems great, but I’m weighing against a brand new CNC router parts Pro setup, and ask any of you Shopbotters out there if you’ve got any advice before I purchase. One worry is that it is 11 years old, and if the control system or motors start failing, it seems very expensive to replace with ShopBot replacement parts, and in that case would likely be accidentally upgrading because they probably have changed all of these parts by now for standard prs. Any 2007 users (or somewhere near that old) out there with experiences of failures/ warnings of this particular year of production. What do you think about used ShopBot vs new cncrouterparts? (I know this question treads on the line on ShopBot forum!)
    Thanks!!

Let me start by saying I know nothing about cnc router parts pro but i did look at there starting price - that said, I have a 2006 that is still kicking and making cabinets. I have had some minor stumbles but between this forum and tech support (even on weekends!) and the quality of the Shopbot router I don't think you have a better choice - I would choose my used Shopbot over there new ANYTIME! You get what you pay for.

Just my thought
    Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us