Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB Desktop or similar

2016, pick it up next week.
    I'll post pics then and I'm sure ask questions. Matter of fact I've heard dell is best laptop for these. Any input Scott ,,, anyone?

Have to leave the laptop question to someone else.
    All 3 Desktops have used towers that were fairly well stripped down except for VCP and SB3 and never touched the internet and used wired monitor/keyboard(replaced 3 ergonomics personally in 4 years)/ and mouse(replaced twice). All using Win7.
    Mine was a new(2013) Dell, but read afterwards people didn't like their USBs, so second tower was an HP, and third was built by the operator.
    No problems with computers.
    All towers had "Dirtbag" filtration material on them as they were directly below machine.
    https://dirtbag.biz/products/tower-covers
    DID have country power problems that were solved on all 3 by adding 1 outlet on its very own 20A breaker JUST for the Desktop located in the box away from major power draws like compressor and table saw. Further reduced power fluctuations and power "blips" by adding a UPS for line conditioning and longer "blips".

DID try a laptop computer 1 day while reconditioning the second laptop while waiting for the tower....didn't like the feel of it compared to my setup...seemed a little sluggish.
    Tried a wireless mouse for a couple days,but that mouse kept falling asleep and spacebar pause was slow.

You need someone with more recent experience, as all 3 of our computers are still running great with no issues.
    The other two Desktops are now with their operators shops, but I still have the first one
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

I,ve got my 2016 Desktop home and the guy gave me the paperwork and, license and email link but the link comes back with invalid user.
    I'm guessing I have to call Shopbot?
    Made a little v-carve before we disconnected the machine, I love it.

Guessing it's because we're shipped with VCP Shopbot Edition(same as VCP, but only Shopbot PP, so less expensive for us).
    You'll have to call Shopbot Sales and pay the license transfer fee I'm pretty sure.
    Have fun!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine