Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust collectors

Thanks Bobtail. I took advantage of the long weekend and got a little more done on the vac system. I just couldn't bring myself to go to the hardware store & buy off the shelf brackets. I've still got a punch list of things to do, but getting close. The ceiling fans and light switches are behind the rack. I can still reach them but I can see myself fumble around in the dark trying to locate them, so I'm moving them up on the panel above the hoses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Look very handy. You've given me lots of great ideas as I essentially have a blank slate that I'm building from right now. Thanks for taking the time to share.
    2006 PRTalpha 96x48
    3hp SEV spindle
    Vcarve Pro8
    Always eager to consume large amounts of info, tips, and techniques!

Thanks guitarwes. My next project is another JET Vac, this time for the ShopBot. I've had the one on the ShopBot for a number of years, but not with a dust separator. And for while now I haven't been using it at all, because the dust boot on the ShopBot wasn't doing the job. It's a project I've been procrastinating about for too long.
    I'll be building a new dust boot for the Perske Spindle, the Wire harness bow that came with the CNC broke so the wires are a mess. I'll be replacing that with a drag chain. I plan to update to the latest version of Aspire, add a 4th axis, and give the CNC room a clean & reorganize, as it's looking pretty neglected these days.

Finished up the Table Saw/Miter Saw dust collector today. Now it's time to start the ShopBot upgrades.
    Attached Images Attached Images