Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Open Shop

Or how about no posts with Z clips!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent rendering.

Yes to Z clips. What's good about them is you don't need to mess up the surface of the panel. Not to mention they allow for some expansion between the material.

Good job.

Great post Joe. It is nice to see sign activity on the forum again. Looking at Serio or Bar Harbor with the posts outside of the actual sign usually allows you to increase the perceived size of the sign without restriction for code.kromboltz1.jpg

Bob,

Snappy looking sign.
    Yep, by adding exterior posts to a sign makes the whole thing look more expensive and increases it's visibility. Another interesting fact, in my community, the post are not figured against the size of the sign. That really helps in restrictive residential zone.

Keep up the good work.

Joe

The bulldog sign was not a rendering. It does look that good. That one was 100% extira.

I want to through bolt this one for the parent's cabin. Not sure how I am going to do that yet. In the center will be a loon scene. I am also open for feedback to posts or mounting in general or trying something different than I already have done. Any suggestions? This is a 4X4 sign, main panel extira, lettering is PVC and the loon scene will be HDU.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Greencarvings View Post
    I want to through bolt this one for the parent's cabin. Not sure how I am going to do that yet. In the center will be a loon scene. I am also open for feedback to posts or mounting in general or trying something different than I already have done. Any suggestions? This is a 4X4 sign, main panel extira, lettering is PVC and the loon scene will be HDU.
    You could put the bolts behind your PVC letters, or the Loon scene since they will be glued in or on. Either use counter sunk bolts or carriage bolts with a carved out hollow in the back of the pvc letters (if the letters are thick enough) or the loon scene element.

Pat,

Didn't mean to suggest your bulldog signs was only a drawing. It sure looks good. Perhaps a photo of it a little closer up.

On the installation of the Stoning panel, I would use angle 1" aluminum angle clips on the bottom and top or Z clips. Not too fond of bolts penetrating the front surface of a sign.

Joe

I am going to have the letters on 1/2" standoffs. I am also thinking of putting RGB led strips on the back side and have it solar powered with a 100watt solar panel.

Looks like the letters are a little too narrow for LED's. You could put them on an outline letter. I've done this several times and it works out great.

Joe