Thread: Where to buy bits

Default Where to buy bits

I know this question is been asked before but I’m having a real hard time searching through the forum. Where have you guys found the best place to buy your beds online? Thanks, JJ

Amazon is my first go-to. Most end mills can be purchased with no shipping if you are a Prime member. You do have to know exactly what you are looking for as there is very little accurate search and virtually no support but if you know what you want and want to pay the least amount, Amazon is #1. My second source is EBay, same restrictions. Onsrud has an EBay store (or they used to) that sells a lot of end mills way below catalog price. I suspect a lot of these are end of model closeouts but still, perfectly good bits. My favorite EBay end mills are the 1/8" shank sizes in 10-packs. Many can be purchased for about $1.50 each this way.

The other sources vary widely and depend on the type of end mill you are looking for. Some have direct support where you can talk to someone about the best options for your job and even get feeds and speeds.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Thanks. I am really looking for a bit that is in the tool database. A 1/8 taper ball nose.

John,
    I recently replaced the Onsrud 1/8" tapered ball nose that originally came with the starter set. Centurian Tools is one of my favorite sources for bits - great quality, fair price. If you're not insistent on the Onsrud brand, this one is an identical copy for pitch, 3 flutes and razor sharp:

https://www.centuriontools.com/route...&pid=801&sat=1

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jTr View Post
    John,
    I recently replaced the Onsrud 1/8" tapered ball nose that originally came with the starter set. Centurian Tools is one of my favorite sources for bits - great quality, fair price. If you're not insistent on the Onsrud brand, this one is an identical copy for pitch, 3 flutes and razor sharp:

https://www.centuriontools.com/route...&pid=801&sat=1

Jeff
    Thanks for the info