Thread: E Stop and Limit Switch issues preventing use

Default E Stop and Limit Switch issues preventing use

Hi
    I am having issues with my Estop and XY Limit switches that are preventing my computer from communicating with my control box. When I start up the control soft ware ( I am still using 3.6.44) the #4 limit switch light is blinks and prevents communication with the control box. I.e. I can only use Preview Mode. By changing the input from Normally Open to normally closed I can sometimes get it to connect.

Today I had a stranger issue which preventing use which was 2 false lights on input 2 and 3 (XY limit switches). The lights were on even when the Z carriage was nowhere near the actual limit switches. This prevented my from zeroing the XY (Using C3).

I tried re-installing the control software and tried some more recent versions all with same results. The weird thing was that when I re-installed the control software, the new install remembered the XYZ location of the cutter. Even after uninstalls, restarts and a fair bit of F bombs. I tried to update the firmware but no luck. I want to do a complete reboot of the machine (like starting from new) but can't seem to get it to happen. Do I need to uninstall the firmware? If so, how?

Oh, I have a PRS which is about 10 years old. I am running version 3.6.44 control software on a windows 7 machine.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ben

Try doing a UR command and then reload your firmware.

That worked! Thank you. Only 1 issue. The offset values for the XY limit switches are wrong and now my machines Zero is not where it used to be. I know there is a way to edit the offset for the limit switches but I can't remember where it is.

Thanks Jerry!
    Ben

I figured it out Jerry. Thanks for your help!