Thread: Anyone using the Fusion 360 Post Processor?

Question Anyone using the Fusion 360 Post Processor?

Is anyone here using Fusion 360 for making stuff on their ShopBot? I'm using their SBP post processor and I'm running into a couple of quirks. I've got someone over at Autodesk who can potentially help me get them fixed, but before I send them what I'm seeing I thought I'd see if anyone else is seeing anything odd.

The two things I'm running into is the air drill not triggering at the right height.

The second is that the tool sometimes jogs home between two toolpaths for no reason, and never jogs home when the job is over...

Hi Eric. I'm using Fusion360 and their OpenSBP post-processor. I don't have an air drill so can't comment on that. I have seen the jogging behaviour you mention. I haven't been surprised by it though as I think I've always spotted it when previewing the toolpath in the Shopbot Control Software. Unfortunately I don't see any option for either of these in the Properties section of the post processor so it doesn't look like we have a lot of control over it.

It looks like you can edit the actual post processor in Fusion 360, but that kind of coding is above my pay grade.

I'm glad to see you're seeing the same jogging thing... At least there's a common issue that I can report. Is your machine not going back home after a job is done?