Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Test some new software!!

What kind of work are you designing and building in SketchUp?
    Kitchens, baths, built ins and free standing furniture. (Tables, chairs, case goods, beds.)
    Wide variety, and even some architectural details on an upcoming house full.

Kitchen V2 LSF view.jpgEnt Center V2.jpg

Those are some awesome looking models!

So what's your current process for getting models like that out to your CNC?

Need to check it, thx

So what's your current process for getting models like that out to your CNC?
    You and I discussed via phone conversation a while back - quite laborious - lay out/nest parts on screen, export elements (5mm holes, Dados, rabbets, cutouts) separately as dxf files. Import into VCPro and generate part files. No biggie on the small stuff, but borderline silly for a kitchen, hence my great anticipation for this announcement since we spoke.

jeff

Yes! I remember our conversation! We're really close. I can't wait for you to be able to try this.

Invites are rolling out to those that met the criteria. Check your inbox! You can still sign up if you want to as well.

Can I share information about this project with a friend so that he can participate in the beta test, if possible?

Absolutely. It's not a private beta. We're just having people sign up with the form so we can make sure that people that are getting the software can actually use it (that's why we're asking a few basic questions about your setup)

Hey everyone, we just pushed out a nice update. We've got much better handling of export vectors, we now have presets for your tool size. Now if you tell us that you're cutting with a .25" tool we'll consider all .25" holes a drilling toolpath, and anything larger an inside toolpath.

If you haven't signed up, it's free to do so. Check it out here:

https://forum.getfabber.com/t/welcom...started-here/8

(There are videos there showing how it all works)

Eric
    this isnterest me,
    after 20+ years of cnc I still haven't ventured into any 3d type Cad programs,
    you may have finally pushed me to do so
    thanks
    Carl