Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flap Sanding Head

Quote Originally Posted by McGee View Post
    Nice looking work! Can I ask why do the spoons have curved handles?
    What Steve said is correct I sell my work at art shows, no reason to make an ordinary spoon you can get them at walmart. I generate so much scrap from my furniture work I am trying to utilize it

A little bit of handwork sets the value of a product up. Being at art shows you need to set yourself apart from the crowd.

Brian I get how you probably do the handle but though I remember seeing something on creating the bowl portion I cannot remember how. Would you have a thread on this?
    I would enjoy doing some of these for Christmas gifts!

mdebruce…

“creating the bowl portion”

Here are my notes from a recent Austin CNC symposium talk… my topic was VCP “Gadgets”, I concentrated on fluting toolpaths and spiral toolpaths. There’s more information here than you asked for and as you’ll see there’s often more than one way to accomplish your goal!

SG

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQj...ew?usp=sharing

What I do for the bowl portion is simple I use the v carving toolpath I set it up with a 1.25 90 degree bit in the settings but use a 2" ballnose cove bit for the actual tool it cuts about 3/4 bigger than the vector boundary, I set stepdown at 125 and stepover at .5 for the rough, Make sure to check maximum tool depth or whatever vetric uses so it does not keep diving in, I do not have vectric. I then run a cleanup pass with it set .06 deeper than the rough with the stepdown set at final depth and stepover at .03 makes the bottom very smooth.

Hope that makes sense its very simple.