Thread: 2004 48 x 96 PRT Alpha for sale

Default 2004 48 x 96 PRT Alpha for sale

I had recently come into possession of a 48 x 96 PRT alpha machine, my former boss left a warehouse of equipment to me and in there was this machine. Currently its in parts but everything besides the actual table seems to be here.

There is the entire gantry assembly along with X rails and all motors along with a decent spindle, 2 actually one smaller and the larger one in the picture.

I have the control box with all the wires, I had done a few tests with a Chinese usb 2 serial cable using windows 10 emulating windows xp and was able to connect a few times. The box lights up and powers on, aside from the actual case all the electronics look relatively intact.

Also 2 proximity switches, 1 - Z-Zero Plate thing, 1 - Stop button

Tested the motors and spindles they all work fine.

The teeth on the rails and motors are in good shape, after a bit of polishing they all reverted to a shiny steel like color not like the ones in the pictures, none of them are bent or chipped or cracked or anything

At the time the device was taken apart and put in storage it had about 1 - 2 years of use not sure how much of it was active usage hours. It has been in a warehouse since 2006. After messing around with it for a few weeks I am deciding to let someone with the will and knowledge take on the project.

Was on the phone and email with Shopbot support in the time I was messing around with it. Worst case scenario you'll need a new control board that they have in stock for about 1500 with a $250 rebate when you turn in the old board and to have a table built, however you get that done. But with that said, the board I have turns on and works, I just don't have a proper machine to make the connection. But it did connect using emulations.

If you want to assemble it again its yours for $3000 plus the cost of shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images

FYI - From the photos, this machine appears to be 2001-2003 vintage PRT 3G 4x4 (48x48" machinable area).

It is not an Alpha as indicated by the control box and motors. The X rails don't appear to be 10' long. 4x4s have 6' long rails (and 5 bolt holes).

It's probably a good idea to add your location for those who would be interested.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I could only attach 5 images, the shorter rails in the picture are for the gantry i believe. I have 2- 10ft rails. I contacted shopbot support and this was the information and manual I was given for the machine. I dont know much about it other than the base specs. But it is a 48 x 96 machine, the table in the picture is 65 inches across and the longer rails are double its size

Where are you located? Any photos when assembled

im in The Bahamas, my shop is right next to a good friend of mine that is a freight forwarder and can get an estimate on crating and sending it out at a decent price.

This is the manual that shopbot support linked to me for the machine after I showed them the pictures
    http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotD...nder060828.pdf

I dont have any pictures of this one in particular assembled because I haven't really figured it out as yet. I had a steel framed table created for it as per the instructions in the manual but haven't gotten around to actually trying to assemble the frame on to it.

Any reasonable offer won't be refused. I just need it out of the shop.