Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing spindle

Default Installing spindle

So I just purchased a kit to install a spindle on my buddy 32 standard. I installed the 24 volt box and on the other end of it's going to be the fan for the spindle and I've got the spindle mounted and square. But now I have the V1000 vfd and I don't know if it mounts to the machine or to the wall there's no instructions nor can I find any instructions on shopbot website and the ones that are there show super close up pictures and it doesn't really tell me where I need to mount it any advice would be helpful. Shopbot customer service has been better than expected they just go above and beyond and they've been great but I think I might need a little more than what they can give me one on one I'm not sure. I'll try to post a picture of the brackets and apparatus I have

Does the orange cable go in the echain with the other wires?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric Erickson
    Shopbot BT48 Buddy

Yes. Orange wire goes on TOP of the gantry and thru echain.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

okay since the orange wire is already wired up to the box on one end and has the attachment to hook to the spindle on the other I guess I'm going to have to unwire it to run it through correct?

Thanks Eric and Brady I can now see where the orange cord goes but any idea what the two big brackets are for? Are they supposed be used to hang the vfd with? I don't see those in Eric's picture

They appear to be brackets for the vfd. Call sb and ask where they go...
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I'm guessing they're mounting brackets. I didn't get those when I upgraded to the spindle on mine. I fabricated a plywood mounting board for my VFD.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric Erickson
    Shopbot BT48 Buddy

they sent the wrong ones but I rigged something up.......now to run the cables and get them hooks up to the control box