Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing spindle

doesn't your e chain have the snap open links

Got everything hooked up just have to hook up the 2:40 now and I'll be rolling

They do but this is the first time I've ever fooled with anything like this I didn't even know they snapped open

This is how I mounted my VFD when I did my machine
    Attached Images Attached Images

You will need a connection to the VFD to turn the spindle on and off. If I remember properly it will be just a set of dry pints on a relay. When they make contact the spindle runs and when they are open the spindle stops. There is an output on your control board but you need to make up a one transistor amplifier to get it to operate the relay. Shopbot has the diagram of how to do it, and it is really simple. Used to be on the site but now it has probably been moved. They will have it at the office for sure.
    Also if you plan to have speed control from your computer you will need a control board from shopbot. If you ordered it from them it may already be installed. It will have a USB plug to go to a port on your computer.

Don't forget to do a warm up any time the spindle has not been in use for 3 or 4 hours. It is a well built tool that lasts for a long long time and will be a joy to use.