Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vac table PVC flange and ball valve source?

Make sure you get the stainless blade gate valves. The plastic I ones aren't rated for more than about 8Hg" or so because they'll distort and leak or implode....
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I purchased my PVC flanges (shown below) from Harington Industrial Plastics. A search for PVC Flange yields many sources. Amazon also has them in a Van Stone flange, as well as one piece.

https://www.amazon.com/Spears-854-02...AT3HN4G0WVQYCY
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

96 x 60 PRSalpha, 5HP Colombo spindle, Custom indexer, Custom vacuum table, Custom Fire Extinguishing System

>> Coryatjohn - Is the the correct flexible PVC to use? https://www.amazon.com/HydroMaxx-Fle.../dp/B003XRVJHK

That looks like the stuff...
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Does that stuff do well under vacuum? I'd think it'd compress and you'd lose a little suction? Calling Brady

"Does that stuff do well under vacuum? "

Vacuum rating = 28”/Hg…

SG

I've used regular shopvac hoses for years to connect the ShopBot table to the vac box and it works well. If I was going to rebuild though I think I would use the hose that Steve posted. Being able to connect to regular schedule 40 fittings would save a ton of duct tape!

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

I have never used flanges on the vacuum tables I have made I just machine the hole to fit close and seal with silicone. I used the Valtera valves the only thing I don't like about them are the T handles I have broken a bunch of them I need to make something better.

Mike
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC

The flanges are really just for convenience. It makes it easier to attach to the plenum. You can use them or just drill a hole. The most important part is to seal it up! I'm not the biggest fan of silicone, the edges always lift after time, even with the good silicone, especially when trying to get it to stick to PVC. I would use PL Premium. It sticks to everything.

I cut my own flanges out of 3/4 sintra on the Shopbot. then I glued a street ell in and attached to the table

Corrugated (or vac rated) vacuum hose is a lot tougher than you'd think. The hose that came on my Fein T3 has withstood 25 Hg" from the Becker for an hour or more using a one-off jig.

X2 on flanges not being required - it just makes it easier to hook up a PVC system. Precisely machined holes in the MDF/support board seals off fine using regular vacuum hose ends...The Fein hose wiggles in there nicely @ 2.27" ID

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com