Sorry I am not too active the past while on the forum - been busy, and I often forget to take photos and post. Hard to believe that it is 6 1/2 years since I have incorporated the Shopbot into my shop, and it continues to allow us to manufacture things that we otherwise couldn’t do.

This past spring, we did a large custom kitchen and other cabinetry four a customer. They also wanted to have a large (10’ By 4’) dining table made in quarter cut white oak.

We did some drawings of the proposed base, then cut a sample from poplar to get the OK. The past week I cut the parts for the base columns (23” long, 10” wide and 3 1/2” thick - 4 pcs per column) roughed them out and finish machined them with a 1/2” ballnose bit.

We mitred them on the resale bandsaw set to 45 degrees - and jointed the faces perfectly to mitre the bases together.

This is another job I am very proud of - a true custom piece for a good customer (we did their oak staircase as well, and other closet cabinetry all in maple).

Will post pics when it is stained and finished. Just waiting to get the sample colour approved.